Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What Do I Blog About?*

(*For Cousin Stacy....)
Sitting with a group of relatives recently as we enjoyed a relaxing meal together, a cousin asked me, “So what do you write about on your blog?”
I paused to consider my answer and then replied, “You’ll have to check it out and see.”
My hesitation and then somewhat non-committal answer was intentional. I did want her to look it up & see for herself. But it also gave me opportunity to consider…what is the essence of what (and why) I blog?
The answer could be a bit hard to specify. After all, an assortment of topics flows from my keyboard. Posting have included musings on everything from lingerie, romance, and dancing to peroxide, vacations, emotions, and even one on puke...
Certainly diverse! After some thought, however, a clear desire and intention formed my answer.
For in all of the very different ideas and issues that may have been discussed, one single thread unifies them all. This element is the motivation behind any and all things in my life....
What do I blog about?
The simple answer: what is most important to me… Jesus
1) Who is He? Jesus is the sinless Son of God, our light in a dark world
John 1:1-4 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men.”
2) What did He Do? He came to earth, lived a sinless life, died on the cross for the sins of the whole world, conquered death by raising up on the 3rd day & now sits with his Father in Heaven.
1 Peter 2:24 “He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.”
John 3:17 “For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.”
3) What is this to me? My sinful state without God demanded a choice we each must face—do I accept the provision of Christ’s death on my account?
Romans 3:10, 13 “As it is written, there is none righteous, not even one…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
Luke 19:10 “For the son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.”
2 Corinthians 5:21 “God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.”
Romans 10:9-10 “That if you confess with your mouth ‘Jesus is Lord’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”
4) How does this look in my life today? I’m on a continual journey of living for Christ in obedience to what His Word says---to my eternal joy and His glory. (Even though I fail often and regularly, yet His forgiveness, grace and love are unchanging!)
Philippians 1:9 “And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you (I) may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ to the glory and praise of God.”
Philippians 1:6 “And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you (me) will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.”
I John 3:3 “And everyone who thus hopes in Him purifies himself as He is pure.”
And so I blog about the day to day meanderings of trying to comprehend all Christ has done for me, all He means to me, all His Word says to me, all the struggles and inadequacies I must lay at His feet, and in all of this trying to describe adequately and portray accurately the supreme beauty and brilliance of who He is.
Not an easy task.
But that’s what I blog about.Simply, whom my heart is in love with---Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Elaine,
    Thank you for sharing your blog site with me. GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!!! What a Blessing to be in HIS family...
    of course our immediate family and relatives are LOVED and important too...
    Thanks also for heading up the Bible Study "Holy Habits". What a good reminder of all HE does for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I found your blog. I can't stop reading, they are all so practical and helpful. Living in a somewhat secluded area of Alaska does not afford me the pleasure of sitting down with a sister in Christ on a regular basis (not even irregular!) for that "iron sharpening iron" process that is so necessary in the Christian life. I hunger for it. I long for it. I feel I have found a place to come to for that need in my life. My husband and I love Eden Baptist and attend there whenever we come to visit family in MN. We have always come away feeling spiritually fed and encouraged. Thank you for taking the time to minister to my heart. Beth Haning, Pastor's wife, Anchor Point Baptist Church, Anchor Point, AK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate your input.