Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sticky Notes of His Grace

God’s grace, shown in his countless ‘little’ gifts, sprinkles throughout my day like autumn leaves on a windy afternoon.

Do I notice them?

I’ve begun writing them down, keeping an ongoing log to catalog His whispers of goodness.
1. Husband who unloads the dishwasher
2. Blueberries on yogurt
3. Blustery day, warm latte’, good friend
4. Unexpected free time
5. Popcorn made with love….and butter!
6. Comfortable companionship – Jon
7. An “insurmountable” task completed
8. Three-daughters overnight & shopping (their delight!)
9. An email of thanks & encouragement
10. Blaze-orange maple tree on culdesac

I hope to continue it for a long time…maybe to 1,000?!
So many opportunities in my day to see God’s hand, to see His love.
(And I know His hand is in the hard stuff, too. But I easily can dwell on the hard stuff, so I’ll leave that list for another day.)

Thank you, God, for your daily benefits; blessings of your goodness, beauty and generosity. You are a God of infinite giving.

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.” Ps 103:2

I stand in praise.

And I notice something in my heart that was not earlier present:
stirrings of joy.
Hmmm…
#11 Thankfulness to You breeds joy in me

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for these thoughts, Elaine! I recently read "Choosing Gratitude" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss in which she wrote about this very thing. There is a great 30 day challenge at the end of the book that is helping stir me up towards more thankfulness! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely easy to get sucked into thinking on bad or unpleasant circumstances and neglect thanking God for all the small blessings of life. As you've shown, being thankful isn't just words on paper or a quick prayer, but a frame of mind. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate your input.