Thursday, July 8, 2010

Parenting and Happiness

Go ahead and read the following article for an interesting description of 21st century parenting perception...no matter what stage of parenting you may be in (or even if you're not.)

"All Joy and No Fun: Why Parents Hate Parenting,” as quoted in Al Mohler's blog, 7-8-10.

Dr. R. Albert Mohler, Jr., serves as president of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.

http://www.albertmohler.com/2010/07/08/why-are-parents-so-unhappy-and-who-would-settle-for-happiness-anyway/

2 comments:

  1. I think the article would be more interesting to me if i had children, but it's funny because I was thinking of why people have children today... Anyway, you cheated on your blog> using other peoples stuff! ;) I did that too

    ReplyDelete
  2. The absence of parental authority and control is genuinely horrifying. One UCLA graduate student described the experience of watching the recordings as “the very purest form of birth control ever devised. Ever.”
    I feel the same way every time I go to the grocery store and see young parents with their children:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate your input.