Thursday, March 13, 2014

Continue the Conversation

Last weekend our church held its annual marriage seminar, and this year’s focus was on marital intimacy.  It was an encouraging time of celebration, reminder, and (sometimes) rebuke, all centered around God’s truth.

What does God intend in this aspect of married love?

One session divided the genders, and we women pow-wowed on our role as wives. I’d describe the session's focus as two-fold:  inspiring (sex in God’s design is really beautiful --in all of its depth of meaning/ experience) and insightful (consider for a moment how the other gender thinks in this area----eye opening).

This post intends to continue that conversation.

A friend forwarded me an article she’d come across that fit right into this discussion. Written by a husband, he invites us to ‘get inside a man’s head’ as he takes a few moments to walk us down the married-sex road from a male perspective.

Ten Things Every Husband Wishes His Wife Knew About Sex, But Doesn’t Know Quite How To Tell Her

He begins....
"I get a lot of emails from wives wanting to “get inside the heads” of their husbands when it comes to how he acts, and reacts about sex. I realize all husbands are different, and some prefer some things over others, but overall, I feel that there are a lot of wives out there who REALLY WANT to make their sex life with their husband what God intended it to be, but sometimes get frustrated by not understanding why he’s always asking for sex, even when they just had it, or what he means when he says things like “I just want you to want me”.
So it’s for this reason, I decided to write this post..."

I invite you to read it here (link below); you’ll be encouraged, amused, equipped, and well, think a bit differently about things after you're done reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate your input.