Friday, March 21, 2014

Trials that Bow to His Gospel Purposes

The gospel is the one great permanent circumstance in which I live and move; and every hardship in my life is allowed by God only because it serves His gospel purposes in me. 

When I view my circumstances in this light, I realize that the gospel is not just one piece of good news that fits into my life somewhere among all the bad. I realize instead that the gospel makes genuine good news out of every other aspect of my life, including my severest trials. 

The good news about my trials is that God is forcing them to bow to His gospel purposes and do good unto me by improving my character and making me more conformed to the image of Christ.” 

-Milton Vincent

(Thank you, Mr Vincent)

How is God using trials in your life to do good unto you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate your input.